Material evaluation based on magnetic properties
Magnetic values such as coercitivity HCJ correlate with numerous important process parameters and material properties in the production of sintered hard metals and powder-metallurgical components.The KOERZIMAT 1.097 HCJ measuring system by FOERSTER facilitates the accurate, automatic, and fast measurement of the coercitivity HCJ. The largely geometry-free measurement is particularly suitable for testing samples with complex shapes. The extension module J-H measurement offers the possibility to determine the complete J-H Hysteresis on soft magnetic steel incl. the initial curve for round bars with diameters from 6 to 16 mm.
The applications of the KOERZIMAT include the control of the sintering level and particle size of hard metals and the quality control of metallic powders for the production of magnets and hard metals. The unit can also be used for monitoring the quality of the annealing and the mechanical stress state of soft-magnetic components (SMC) and for controlling electromechanical components in the electronics, automotive, computer, and clock sectors.
Your advantages at a glance
- Determination of coercitivity in accordance with IEC 60404-7
- Determination of hysteresis J(H) for soft magnetic steel bars
- Determination of relative permeability µr(H) for soft magnetic steel bars
- PC-controlled measuring system
- Geometry-free measurement
- Lightweight, extremely compact design
- Software for controlling individual and series measurements
- Database for collecting measurement data and parameter sets
- Customer-specific reports
- Remote port for automation, data access, etc.
For more information on this product, please go to:
KOERZIMAT® 1.097 HCJ/J-H
|HCJ 0 – 100 kA/m |
µr(H) 100 – 2500
|Magnetization field strength:||up to 450 kA/m|
|Homogenous field area:||170 x 40 mm (LxD), coil 40 |
120 x 60 mm (LxD), coil 60
|Measurement uncertainty:||1 % of measured value|
|Sensor elements:||Förster probes (fluxgates)|
|Power supply:||100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
Describes the method for determining the coercitivity of sintered hard metals.
DIN EN 10330:2015-11
Describes the determination of the Coercitivity in the open magnetic circuit. Method B described above is advantageous as it provides the option to perform measurements regardless of the geometry of the sample. It is not required to manufacture special measuring samples.