Stable and reproducible measured values
The hand-held measuring probes are designed for everyday use. The robust stainless-steel housing is corrosion resistant and the basis for the special, long-life probe technology that is inside.
Our hand-held measuring probes can be used with both the SONODUR 3 mobile hardness tester and the SONODUR R developed for fully automated production.
The intelligent measuring system of each probe covers the entire hardness range of the classic Vickers scale. The hand-held probes are suitable for measurements of metals, industrial ceramics and, with certain restrictions, also for highly heterogeneous materials such as cast iron (nodular cast iron e.g. GJS500).
Our probes work according to the UCI hardness testing method (Ultrasonic Contact Impedance). During this process, the probe rod is excited to vibrate in the longitudinal direction with its natural frequency. At the lower end there is a Vickers diamond which is pressed into the material to be tested. A defined load is applied via a spring. When the Vickers diamond penetrates the specimen, this vibration is damped and a frequency shift occurs, which can be measured. When the nominal test force is reached, we calculate the hardness value from this frequency shift using the Vickers scale and display it immediately.
The biggest difference in the method compared to the classical Vickers hardness test is, among other things, that the contact surface of the Vickers diamond is responsible for the frequency shift of the vibrating rod. Whereas in classical hardness testing, the impression of the diamond must be measured optically.
Your advantages at a glance
- High reproducibility of the measured values: high-quality measurements
- Measurement time is only a few seconds: Allows many measurements and provides a quick decision basis for the operator
- High flexibility: Largest range of probes with different test loads worldwide
- Minimal test pressure: The method can be considered as low-destructive and therefore saves your resources
- Small, handy test probes: Optimal access to the test positions to be measured
- Cost-saving: No need to destroy the component to be measured
- Mobile hardness testing on site
- During incoming goods inspection
- During production
- On already installed production parts in the field
- Easy to automate: Operator-independent measurements for even higher reproducibility of measured values
- Standardized test method: UCI method - Our expertise for your safety
For more information on this product, please visit our NewSonic Website.
|Test method:||UCI-method, according to DIN 50159-1,2-2021, ASTM A1038-2019|
|Material probe housing:||stainless steel|
|Dimensions probe housing:||25 mm x 177 mm (may differ for special probes)|
|Material measuring tip:||diamond|
|Diameter measuring tip:||3.4 mm (optional 1.7 mm)|
|Length of measuring tip:||13 mm (optional 40 mm)|
|Tip angle measuring tip:||136°|
|Connection:||wired via Lemo plug connection|