Meaningful images provide more information
The newly developed DEFECTOVIEW HS system is always used in combination with the well-known DEFECTOMAT DA and the corresponding DEFECTOTHERM coils. It enhances the abstract eddy current signals of the detected material defects with easy-to-interpret images.
Triggered by the defect signals from the eddy current sensor, images of the defective wire surface are captured and stored for quality documentation. Even at the highest production speeds, the discovered material defects are still imaged in great detail. Four high-speed cameras, along with specially adapted LED illumination, ensure that the entire wire surface can be covered.
As soon as the wire has been rolled, the detected defects can be visually examined and evaluated. This makes it possible to draw conclusions about any production defects at a very early stage and to take targeted measures. For this purpose, the aquired image data is directly compared with the corresponding eddy current test data and displayed on the user interface of the DEFECTOVIEW HS.
Your advantages at a glance
- Visualization of defects detected with eddy current
- Shortened commissioning time for new test instruments
- Early conclusions on process and production problems
- Re-evaluation of coils already tested on the basis of the stored defect images
- Optimized for the tough operating conditions in the wire rolling mill
- Compact design and easy integration
|hot rolled wire of ferritic, non-ferritic and austenitic metals
|5 - 40 mm
up to 150 m/s
|up to + 1200°C
|49 x 95 x 87 cm (L x W x H)